Problems with my terminal device files

Fernando M. Maresca f_maresca at ciudad.com.ar
Sun Jun 1 10:38:30 PDT 2003

On Sun, Jun 01, 2003 at 06:48:28PM +0000, Daniela wrote:
> I have with the konsole in KDE and with SSH.
> I logged out from KDE and logged back in, and suddenly, when I try to open a
> konsole, I get the following error:
> Unable to open a suitable terminal device.
>
> Fortunately, I have some shells open from my previously saved session. When I
> try to open a konsole from one of these, I see the following:
> Can't open a pseudo teletype.
>
> Next I tried:
> %ssh 127.0.0.1
> Warning: no access to tty (Bad file descriptor).
> Thus no job control in this shell.
>
> I guess there's something wrong with my device files, but I didn't change
> anything. Before logging out, the konsole worked (haven't tried SSH in the
> last few days).
> What's going on here? Please help.
>
> Daniela
don't understand: you can not open konsoles (kde-xterm) or you can't
loggin in a pseudo tty? Not the same: if teh problem is konsole, try
xterm, the x window system terminal emulation. try ssh localhost from
inside xterm, should work.

Regards,

Fernando M. Maresca               |"La única iglesia que ilumina es la que arde"
ICQ: 101434096                    |Anónimo