Error during 'make' phase of kernel compilation

Daniel Bye dan at slightlystrange.org
Thu Jul 31 08:31:21 PDT 2003

On Thu, Jul 31, 2003 at 11:05:58AM -0400, Daniel Cody wrote:

[---snip---]

> aic.o: In function `aic_detach':
> aic.o(.text+0x1b66): undefined reference to `xpt_async'
> aic.o(.text+0x1b6e): undefined reference to `xpt_free_path'
> aic.o(.text+0x1b7c): undefined reference to `xpt_bus_deregister'
> aic.o(.text+0x1b86): undefined reference to `cam_sim_free'
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/src/sys/compile/KERNATTICUS.

Do you have any SCSI devices attached to the system?  If so, you need to
enable:

device scbus
device da  # for direct access devices, such as disks

and recompile.  You might also want to uncomment `options SCSI_DELAY=15000'
as well.  If 15 seconds is too long to wait (most modern SCSI devices settle
much more quickly than this - I set this down to 5 seconds) you can tune
this value down.

If you have no SCSI devices, then disable:

device          adw
device          aha0    at isa?
device          aic0    at isa?
device          ncv             # NCR 53C500
device          stg             # TMC 18C30/18C50

and try again.

HTH

Dan

--
Daniel Bye

PGP Key fingerprint: 3B9D 8BBB EB03 BA83 5DB4 3B88 86FC F03A 90A1 BE8F
                                                                     _
                                              ASCII ribbon campaign ( )
                                         - against HTML, vCards and  X
                                - proprietary attachments in e-mail / \