How to get the software

Philip Payne philip.payne at uk.mci.com
Thu Jul 31 07:04:04 PDT 2003

Hi,

>      Hi all of the freeBSD team, I'm from Indonesia, and I'm interest
> with the software, if it is a free software then where I can
> get it?? and
> download it, globaly I'm still learn the basic of the system,
> may I know the
> address to download FreeBSD software. Thank you

As per anything new, take your time to read and understand first. Go to
http://www.freebsd.org and take the links to the "handbook". This will tell
you everything you need to know about preparation and installing FreeBSD and
where to download it.

As per the other poster.... stick with the STABLE version if you are new to
this.

As someone who first installed FreeBSD only a couple of years ago and with
no one around to help, I can assure you the handbook is well written and
teaches you almost all you need to know... so take your time and use it.

With the help of people on this list I'm yet to find a problem that wasn't
solveable.

Good luck,
Phil.