HSF modems

bsd_junkie bsd_junkie at fastmail.fm
Wed Jul 30 14:10:14 PDT 2003

I was trying to setup a computer W/freebsd-5.1 for a friend. After the install i noticed the modem " a internal pci- HSF modem " was not showing up. After doing some research on google it appears this is a issue and not a bug or misconfigured modem. Is the latter true and if it is and freebsd wont work with this modem, is there any *NIX that might work as we dont have the extra money currently to buy a external modem.

Thanks for all the hard work on freebsd.

sincerly,

BSD_Junkie