FreeBSD and OSX applications

Rod Person rod.person at hotpop.com
Tue Jul 29 17:17:09 PDT 2003

Today I went to an Adobe seminar. All demos where done on OS X. I kept think that it looked a lot like KDE and of course I got to thinking...

Can applications such as Acrobat and Illustrator run on FreeBSD? Since OS X userland is based on FreeBSD it seemed to me there should be a chance of it, is there? I'm think these would not be as hard, but do to the MACH kernel on OS X, I'm not sure. Does anyone know? I also wonder if this would work with Darwin either. But the last I tried Darwin it would not run on my hardware. I'm I just crazy or is there a chance of this?

I also wonder is there a OS X emulator anywhere in the works or future?

--
Rod

@ Home So No Cool Signature
http://opensourcebeef.bsd.st