Fw: PERC 4/DI Raid SCSI Controler

Chris Shenton chris at shenton.org
Tue Jul 29 11:41:18 PDT 2003

"ipack" <ipack at ipack.fr> writes:

> I bought a Dell PowerEdge 2600 with PERC 4/Di Raid SCSI Controler
> and I would like to use FreeBSD on this server, so I would like to
> know when it will be possible to have Dell PERC 4/Di drivers,

I got a cheapie Dell 600sc server with a CERC 4-channel *IDE* RAID
controller.  It is also makde by LSI/AmericanMegaRAID and appears to
present the same interface to the system as the PERC -- FreeBSD-5.x
recognizes it right away as an "amr" device.

I expect the difference is just that it has IDE interfaces to talk to
the disk instead of SCSI.