open source content management systems?

Chris Shenton chris at shenton.org
Tue Jul 29 11:36:15 PDT 2003

anubis <anubis357 at optusnet.com.au> writes:

> Have a look at Bricolage
> From the website http://bricolage.cc/

I've been thinking of giving that a whirl too, after reading that
online tech site www.TheRegister.co.uk decided to use it.  The article
they link to points out that Salon.com and Macworld.com use it.

A lot of folks have suggested Zope.  A friend pointed me at Plone
which is built on Zope.  I've been playing with it a bit but I'm
finding that I really need to RTFM to "get it".  I like the fact that
it doesn't require a relational database to get up and running so it's
a no-brainer to install and poke at it.

http://www.plone.org/

It's even in ports: /usr/ports/www/plone:

Info:	A user friendly implementation of the CMF written on top of ZOPE