No network connection 5.1-RELEASE/Chaintech MB

Matthew Seaman m.seaman at infracaninophile.co.uk
Mon Jul 28 13:04:39 PDT 2003

On Mon, Jul 28, 2003 at 08:24:04AM -0700, John DeStefano wrote:

> The chipset is "NVIDIA nForce2 Ultra 400+ MCP-T", and Chaintech calls the NIC interface "On-board LAN controller: Fast Ethernet Controller with MII Interface; Support 10/100Mb Fast Ethernet with External PHY".

I don't think a FreeBSD driver for that particular NIC chipset is
available at the moment.  Bill Paul is trying to gather some data
about how many people would like to use the card with FreeBSD in an
attempt to persuade Nvidia to release a FreeBSD driver:

    http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-hardware/2003-July/000392.html

	Cheers,

	Matthew

                                                      Savill Way