Can you help me find a small (old ?) FreeBSD release?

Dorin-Constantin Scutarasu dorin_scutarasu at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 28 03:06:09 PDT 2003

Hi,
My name is Dorin Scutarasu. I recently read some really interesting
articles about Unix and the open source comunity and I want to install a
BSD on my computer.

I have an old computer (an AMD 80486 DX2 at 80Mhz) with very little disk
space available(about 50MB). It is running
Windows 95 but I really want to install an Unix based OS on it (preferably
FreeBSD).

I have been searching for an old FreeBSD release on the web that is small
enough to fit on my computer but I couldn't find one. Could you please help
me find some old releases I could try ?

The smallest I could find is release 2.2.8 but it's to big, so I need an
older one. It should be a 10 -15 MB download.

I don't mind if it woun't have a graphical interface and I'll just be
typing at the command prompt :-) . It would be great if the release would
include a C/C++ compiler too.

Thank you,
Dorin Scutarasu