linux Apache on FreeBSD?

Tim Kellers timothyk at serv1.wallnet.com
Sat Jul 26 08:25:48 PDT 2003

I'm trying to use the ColdFusion Server on FreeBSD (5.1 -CURRENT)
I have the Linux flavor of ColdFusion, and it installs and runs just fine
under Linux emulation.  The problem I'm having is using the
mod_coldfusion.so SO in apache (v 1.3.28).

ColdFusion comes with the .c file and a Makefile to compile you own .so
file, but so far I haven't been able to get it to compile.

Is there a version of Linux apache that will install in FreeBSD (and if
there is where might it and/or it's documentation, be)?

If anyone else has tried using ColdFusion on FreeBSD, I'd love to hear
some success (or failure) stories/hints/explanations.

TIA

Tim Kellers
CPE/NJIT
http://www.njit.edu/publicinfo/newsroom/beastie.php