Truncated ELF file was (holy war)

Bob Collins bob at anything-inc.com
Fri Jul 25 08:42:54 PDT 2003

At 11:32 AM 7/25/2003, Raphaël Marmier wrote:

>>>That is at least as ignorant and worthless a comment as the original
>>>poster who at least was just asking a question even if it was coming
>>>from ignorance and possibly a limited outlook.  Worse, it is abusive
>>>and the original poster was not that.   Why don't you grow up?
>>>
>>>By the way, I wear my T-shirt with the FreeBSD daemon to church
>>>occasionally when we are working on something or having meetings.
>>>No one even seems to notice or care.  A few know the origin of
>>>the logo, but most do not.
>>
>>What about the first follow-up poster who called the Christian stupid?
>>Funny how tolerance is such a one-way street.
>>-- Bob
>
>And funny how that kind of argument served to start of the bloodiest war
>of religion in the past. With folks like you guys, we'll sure have others in
>the future...
>
>Now can we talk about FreeBSD here?
>
>Raphael

Sure we can. Somebody asked about the mascot/logo and then someone started
with an insult rather than answering the question. So a few verbs fly, no
holy war here.

Anyway, back on topic.

I am running 5.0 Release and when my power company fails me longer than my
battery back up, upon reboot I see the last message prior to the login
states there is an ELF error regarding a truncated elf file. I had not seen
this prior to adding the Linux base. I don't really require the Linux
support, so if I remove Linux base, will that perhaps clear it up? I hope
this is enough info to make sense, if not I'll have to get the message
later tonight as I am asking about a home machine.

-- Bob