How to drive an NE2000 compatible isa card

=?gb2312?q?Zhang=20Le?= ejoy_cn at yahoo.com.cn
Fri Jul 25 00:29:23 PDT 2003

 --- stan <stanb at panix.com> On Wed, Jul 23, 2003 at
05:03:02PM +0800, Zhang Le
> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >   I have an NE2000 (10M) compatible isa card with
> > io=0x300 irq=5 (under win98).
> >   But I fail to drive it under a FreeBSD 4.8. I
> have
> > recompiled kernel with ed
> >   support. dmesg does not contain recognition
> message
> > and
> >   kldstat -v |grep ed gives:
> >             pci/ed
> >             145 isa/ed
> >             146 pccard/ed
> >             147 ed/miibus
> >
> >   How to drive my NE2000 card, any tips?
> >
> Did you set the parmaters for the ed device in your
> kernell conf file to
> match what's set on the card?

This is my configuration:
# ISA Ethernet NICs.
# 'device ed' requires 'device miibus'
device		ed0	at isa? port 0x300 irq 5 iomem 0xd8000

I only edit port and irq to reflect my hardware. But
it does not work.

BTW: Is there a way to configure parameter of ed at runtime?

=====
Sincerely yours,
                                           Zhang Le