Apache help

Vitali Malicky life at zone3000.net
Wed Jul 23 04:56:15 PDT 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Adam" <blueeskimo at gmx.net>
To: <freebsd-questions at FreeBSD.ORG>
Sent: Tuesday, July 22, 2003 11:36 PM
Subject: Re: Apache help

> On Mon, 2003-07-21 at 16:33, Dzevad Fazlic wrote:
> > I just installed freeBSD 4.8 with apache 1.3.27
> > Everthing works perfect but when   i shutdown system or when i startup
system
> > i am receiving this apache error
> > (/usr/local/etc/rc.d/apache.sh:120: Syntax error :Unterminated quoted
string )

Selfobvious!
file /usr/local/etc/rc.d/apache.sh
line 120
check it! may be you forgot to terminate quoting: " or '

> > Can somebudy help please
> > But if i start apache with this command   on shell  > apachectl start <
> > It will work fine
>
> Just a thought, did you ever edit that script with a Win32 text editor?
> Those kind of weird errors are frequently caused by Win32 terminating
> characters. Might be worth checking out, just to rule it out.

Or just when copying text files from windows to UNIX-like, copy them in
ASCII mode so that not to have "^M" at the end of each line... or develop
good habits and begin to edit scripts in "vi" or so...