Kernel about to crash?

Steve Warwick ukla at comcast.net
Tue Jul 22 13:04:09 PDT 2003

Hi All,

My daily security run is starting to show pieces of the kernel config file
it's kernel log messages - when this happens the OS starts to use up more
and more swap space too. Last time this happened I let it go and the server
went down so I have been rebooting if I see this happening and avoid the
crash. It seems to take about 25-30 days for this to occur.

Has anyone seen this before?

-- excerpts from security run output ---

la.servername.com kernel log messages:
> initialized, divert disabled, rule-based forwarding enabled, default to
accept,
logging limited to 100 packets/entry by default

la.servername.com kernel log messages:
> rom ufs:/dev/ad0s1a

---

- FreeBSD 4.7 running on Athlon 1.5Ghz w/256meg

TIA

Steve