Compaq ML370 and FreeBSD-5.1

Grzegorz Czaplinski G.Czaplinski at prioris.mini.pw.edu.pl
Mon Jul 21 09:41:54 PDT 2003

On Mon, Jul 21, 2003 at 05:14:50PM +0100, Richard Jones wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm having problems installing FreeBSD 5.1 on a Compaq ML370. When
> booting the "default" kernel it hangs after printing:
>
> > vga0: <generic ISA VGA> at port 0x3c ....
> > Timecounters tick every 10.000 msec
>
> If I try any of the other options (safe-mode, disable ACPI), the kernel
> panics with a "page not present error".
>
> Has anyone else had this problem?

Is it ML370G2 or ML370G3?
I know Will Saxon is running ML370G2 without any problems.
He reads this mailing list...

A week ago I sent an email asking about HP servers.
Yesterday I got and email from a person working for HP ISS-Houston.
He said:
"Thank you for your interest in HP ProLiant!  Both servers are capable
of running FreeBSD 4.8 and 5.1 using SCSI drives.  If you want to use ATA
drives on the ML330G3, you won't be able to use them in RAID mode (no
drivers), only in non-RAID mode.  Let me know if you have any more
FreeBSD questions regarding ProLiant. "

In my mail I asked about ML330G3 and ML350G3.

On wednesday I have an HP laboratory booked for tests...

Cheers,
	gregory
--
Grzegorz Czaplinski <gregory at prioris.mini.pw.edu.pl>