cant power off, using shutdown -p now

marlon corleone mmp6107625 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 21 07:21:10 PDT 2003

im running 5.1-RELEASE, my problem is when i try to
execute the command: shutdown -p now, the error
message that i received is:

POWER SYSTEM off using, ACPI.. ACPI POWER-OFF
failed-timeout the operating system halted. press any
key to reboot

as you can see, the problem is with the ACPI POWER,
but i did enable ACPI in cmos, i have no problem
shutting off the system running 4.7 and 4.8, is this
because, i forgot to add some entry in my customed
kernel to support the autoshutdown, like in 4.8 i just
enable APM in the kernel, but here in 5.1-RELEASE,
what should i add in the kernel?

thanks