Using spamprobe on a FreeBSD System

Martin McCormick martin at dc.cis.okstate.edu
Mon Jul 21 04:30:51 PDT 2003

	I started to install spamprobe-0.8b and discovered that it
needs something called BerkeleyDB.  The instructions tell one to get
it from a place called sleepycat.com where it looks like one must buy
berkeleyDB.

	Is that actually the case?  If that is the case, is there any
other spam filter that works with procmail which can open base64 and
not be tripped up by html?

	I presently use junkfilter which is excellent as far as it
goes, but the spam urchins can beat junkfilter to pieces with nothing
more than html and base64 and the garbage comes right on in anyway.
Thanks for any and all useful suggestions.  I am not locked in to any
particular software package or solution as long as I can stay ahead of
the unwashed rabble on the information highway.:-)

Martin McCormick WB5AGZ  Stillwater, OK
OSU Information Technology Division Network Operations Group