Listening to a serial port

Ryan Merrick sandshrimp at comcast.net
Sun Jul 20 17:54:17 PDT 2003

Troy Settle wrote:
> All,
>
> How can I configure the serial port to listen at 1200 baud, 8N2,
> XON/XOFF?
>
> I try using stty to set the port speed, but it doesn't take.  I also
> don't see how to set the stop bits.
>
> Any help is appreciated.
>
> --
>   Troy Settle
>   Pulaski Networks
>   http://www.psknet.com
>   540.994.4254 ~ 866.477.5638
>   Pulaski Chamber 2002 Small Business Of The Year

Look and edit the #/etc/gettytab . stty is more for altering the port
while running and seeing all the configurations of the serial port.
Another testing command for the terminal is #/usr/bin/tset .

Using stty to change the stopbits would be:
#stty -f /dev/<device> cstopb . for two stopbits.
#stty -f /dev/<device> -cstopb . for one stopbits.

Ryan Merrick