Changing gtk application fonts outside of gnome

Matthew Graybosch matthew at starbreaker.net
Sat Jul 19 11:46:53 PDT 2003

On Saturday 19 July 2003 10:52 am, Phil Payne wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm running FreeBSD 4-stable, XFree86 4.30 & windowmaker 0.80.2.
> Default resolution and bitdepth is 1280x1024x24.
>
> Whenever I start GTK based apps (e.g. evolution, pan) I'm finding
> the application font size is too small to be readable. I've had a
> search through the mail archives and googled but I can't find
> anything explaining...

Hi, Phil. Are you using the GTK2 versions of Evolution and Pan? Are
you also reverting back to the default (ugly) GTK2 theme? If so, Try
putting the following lines in either ~/.xinitrc or ~/.xsession (as
appropriate):

#!/bin/sh

# sample ~/.xinitrc
export GDK_USE_XFT=1
gnome-settings-daemon &

exec /usr/X11R6/bin/wmaker

Then restart X and see what happens. I had this problem myself, and
had other people ask on the Libranet users' list.

--
Matthew Graybosch
http://www.starbreaker.net