Getting X to work in FreeBSD 4.8 in VMware 4.0

Vitali Malicky life at zone3000.net
Sat Jul 19 07:03:50 PDT 2003

>Greetings !!

Welcom aboard, Mick!

>I have got the system up and running, just using the command line
>(which is good), as I am told that the command line is the most important
>part of the FreeBSD system.
>
>Any help will be appreciated - I am a complete newbie in this regard.

try to begin from typing in the command line "man man", then "man vi", "man
ls" "man cd", "man lock", "man window"
if you don't know exactly a command you can enter "apropos command" (ex.
"apropos cd") and it will give you a list of all the man-pages where this
letter combination ("cd", I mean) is found giving you a good possibility to
find out about many other commands. see what file there are in the /bin,
/sbin, /usr/bin, /usr/sbin directories. for example you saw an interesting
file: "/usr/bin/bzip2" you've got interested what it might be... don't
hesitate and type "man bzip2"... :)

Have fun! :)

--
Error Code=-1 Continue?