help

Supote Leelasupphakorn pjn0211 at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 19 05:05:23 PDT 2003

 --- Palash Agarwal <pforpal at comcast.net> wrote: > I
am having trouble finding the download location
> for freebsd. I have
> searched the ftp site but i do not know which file
> to download. I am also
> unable to access the readme's in the ftp server.
> Please help me!

Hi,

   Hearing that you would like to start learning
freebsd but no one help is truly saddens me.
If you have bootable-CDROM drive and are planning to
install via CDROM, here is the
bootable CDROM image file.

ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ISO-IMAGES-i386/<version>
(for i386 or IBM compatible)
ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ISO-IMAGES-i386/<version>
(for UltraSPARC®)

There are many versions of freebsd image file.
Depending to your hardware and which version
you would like to install.