I hate meeses to pieces

Gary Kline kline at thought.org
Fri Jul 18 09:24:22 PDT 2003

On Fri, Jul 18, 2003 at 12:01:02AM -0700, Kent Stewart wrote:
> On Thursday 17 July 2003 11:34 pm, Daryl Hunt wrote:
> > I am an extreme newbie at FreeBSD.  I have it installed but when I go
> > into the Xserver in either of the two GUIs I get a weird mouse that
> > seems to only be able to stay on the very top of the screen and has
> > no vertical movement.
> >
> > I have it setup on Auto and PS/2 Busmouse settings.  It works when
> > the config is run from the command line but it blows up like I
> > described upon entering the GUI (i.e. KDE)
> >

> I was always told to use "sysmouse" and auto.

	Same here.

	This problem happened to me at least a couple time when
	I installed X with different mice.  I've got several boxes
	running thru a KVM switch and using the PS/2 protocol and
	use:

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier  "Mouse0"
        Driver      "mouse"
        Option      "Protocol" "Auto"
        Option      "Device" "/dev/sysmouse"
EndSection

	I'm using ctwm, not KDE, but this ought have nothing to
	do with the mouse-at-top-of-screen. IIRC, the problem
	happened as soon as xlogin screen appeared and after I
	touched the mouse.

   Gary Kline     kline at thought.org   www.thought.org     Public service Unix