dmesg showing wrong frequency (IBM T30)

Tobias Roth roth at iam.unibe.ch
Fri Jul 18 07:24:32 PDT 2003

On Fri, Jul 18, 2003 at 05:17:20PM +0300, Vitali Djatsuk wrote:
> Nothing is wrong. This is a thermal protection mode that use P 4 Molbile
> processors, this means that when there is nothing to do the processor
> works at 1,2Ghz according to your cpu, try to do some workout for youer
> system, then check your processor frequency

how would I check the current cpu frequency? i already tried this with
these various windows apps, they all never showed a current cpu freq
higher than 1.2GHz.

also, i have the possibility in bios to disable intel speedstep, and to
set the system to run at max performance while on ac. no matter how i set
these, dmesg always shows the same.