freebsd-questions Digest, Vol 17, Issue 14

dick hoogendijk dick at nagual.st
Thu Jul 17 06:24:19 PDT 2003

On Thu, 17 Jul 2003 00:51:32 -0800
"Thanjee Neefam" <thanjee at fastmail.fm> wrote:

> I personally love using LyX, in association with teTeX. LyX is
> basically a gui frontend for teTeX, and a very good one at that! It
> has improved a lot over the past couple of years since I started using
> it.

I installed it but am very disappointed about the screen fonts.
Investigation shows I did not have helvetica installed, so I installed
this font in the Type1 directory, but now I'm in trouble.

For TrueType fonts I now the drill (ttmkfdir -o fonts.scale ;
mkfontdir), but hwo can I generate these fonts.scale and fonts.dir files
for my *.pfb (type1) fonts?

> LyX is also very well documented, very informative, as well as
> entertaining :)

Yes, I remember from some time ago. Thanks. Hope to hear some solution
for my screen fonts though. They're really ugly now ;-((

--
dick -- http://www.nagual.st/ -- PGP/GnuPG key: F86289CE
++ Running FreeBSD 4.8 ++ Debian GNU/Linux (Woody)