Centrino COU working on FreeBSD?

Jakob Breivik Grimstveit jakob at grimstveit.no
Wed Jul 16 14:31:23 PDT 2003

I just wondered whether the Centrino CPU was usable in combination with
FreeBSD. I'm just about buying myself an Acer Travelmate 803 laptop, and
was wondering whether FreeBSD (5.1 if possible, 4.8 also usable) is
usable on that box.

Thanks for any help.

If you've got other suggestions to other, better FreeBSD-compliant
laptops I should buy instead, I'm listening. I need DVD-player, CD
burner, WiFi (can be via PCMCIA), 512Mb ram, not to big, silent fans.

Thanks for any help. You can CC: me in, since I'm not a subscriber.

--
Jakob Breivik Grimstveit, http://www.grimstveit.no/jakob/, +47 48298152