Configure script fails when building many ports (e.g. mozilla, spacehulk)

freebsd at drseuk.f2s.com freebsd at drseuk.f2s.com
Wed Jul 16 13:02:30 PDT 2003

Jez,

pkgdb /usr/X11R6/lib/libXext.so.6 indicates it comes from
XFree86-libraries-4.3.0_5 - so yes, I guess quite a few ports may be affected ;-)

The key bit seems to be the actually errors regarding libXext in the config.log
file. There's a load of gubbins about pthreads (beyond me to be honest).

Hmm!

Thanks for your help.

Dr Seuk

Quoting Jez Hancock <jez.hancock at munk.nu>:

> On Wed, Jul 16, 2003 at 04:57:31PM +0000, freebsd at drseuk.f2s.com wrote:
> > > What does:
> > > ldconfig -r
> > >
> > > look like?
> > > --
> > > Jez
> >
> > /var/run/ld-elf.so.hints:
> > 	search directories:

/usr/lib:/usr/lib/compat:/usr/X11R6/lib:/usr/local/lib:/usr/local/lib/compat:/usr/local/lib/mysql:/usr/local/lib/compat/pkg:/usr/local/lib/wine:/usr/local/lib/kde3
> > 	0:-lssl.3 => /usr/lib/libssl.so.3
> <snip>
> so this line is right then: ?
> > 	257:-lXext.6 => /usr/X11R6/lib/libXext.so.6
>
> Was just a hunch that perhaps a stray libXext lib got installed and was
> linked
> to the wrong place... but I guess not :(
>
> Perhaps find out what installs that library and try removing it?  See if
> your install sees it not installed and attempts to install it again?  No
> doubt there are a whole bunch of ports that rely on it though ;/
>
> Not much help I'm afraid, good luck anyway.
> --
> Jez
>
> http://www.munk.nu/

Dr Seuk