Serial Multipot PCI card

Alvaro Rosales R. aran80 at wintersperu.com.pe
Wed Jul 16 10:10:42 PDT 2003

Hy guys I´ve been using hylafax for a while now , and I´d like to install it in a
FreeBSD box (its running in an old linux box now), but as you may know the new
mainboards come with one serial port and with none isa slots(i could connect old
Super I/o cards that had 2 serial ports each), so I want to use a PCI card with four
serial ports , so that I could manage my four  faxmodems  to get and send faxes
through my freebsd system running hylafax. Do any of you have experience running
a FBSD server with this hw?, which brand of multiport serial cards do you
recommend?.
Thanks for your answers.