Changing pkg-plist

Chuck Swiger cswiger at mac.com
Tue Jul 15 10:23:15 PDT 2003

Remington L. wrote:
> I am currently working on creating my first port. The port installs a
> library to ${HOME/.blah/something.so
>
> When I write the pkg-plist it only looks at the /usr directorys. How can I
> get this changed, documentation on this subject is hard to find. And
> oppologies if this is the wrong list, perhaps someone can direct me to the
> right place :)

Anyway, the directory tree that ports get installed under is known as the
$PREFIX, and defaults to /usr/local.  A port isn't allowed to change the install
prefix (because the user might change it),  Someone using this port of yours
could do a "make PREFIX=/home/user install" to place it under their homedir, if
that's something you want to look into.

--
-Chuck