Use linux_base-debian instead of linux_base?

Daniel Bye dan at slightlystrange.org
Tue Jul 15 04:54:43 PDT 2003

On Mon, Jul 14, 2003 at 07:56:59PM +0100, Jonathan wrote:
> Kirk Strauser wrote:
> >I've added this to my pkgtools.conf (and the portupgrade port is the
> >current
> >version):
> >
> >  ALT_PKGDEP = {
> >    'linux_base' => 'linux_base-debian'
> >  }
> >
> >but it doesn't seem to make a difference.  Do I have to do something to
> >make
> >portinstall aware of that setting?
>
> My pkg_info says this:
>
> -su-2.05b# pkg_info | egrep -i linux_base
> linux_base-7.1_5    The base set of packages needed in Linux mode
>

> So I'm guessing at:
>
> ALT_PKGDEP = {
> 	'linux_base-7.*' => 'linux_base-debian'
> 	}
>
> or something similar?

Try specifying the port name with its origin as well, something like
    ALT_PKGDEP = {
        'emulators/linux_base' => 'emulators/linux_base-debian',
    }

instead.

You shouldn't need to worry about port version levels, etc, as portinstall
at al. will take its cue from the presence of the origin string, in this
case, emulators.

HTH,

Dan

--
Daniel Bye

PGP Key fingerprint: 3B9D 8BBB EB03 BA83 5DB4 3B88 86FC F03A 90A1 BE8F
                                                                     _
                                              ASCII ribbon campaign ( )
                                         - against HTML, vCards and  X
                                - proprietary attachments in e-mail / \