contigmalloc1 panic on install

Ryan Carmichael bremen at immortalsky.com
Mon Jul 14 15:58:22 PDT 2003

Regarding this issue, I've got a 5.1-CURRENT snapshot (as of 7-9) which is
still displaying this problem.  I have a debug kernel and can provide some
more detail :

agp0: <Ali Generic host to PCI bridge> mem 0xf8000000-0xfbffffff at device
0.0 on pci0
agp0: allocatnig GATT for aperture size 0M
panic: contigmalloc1: size must not be 0
Debugger("panic")
Stopped at Debugger+0x54: xchgl %ebx,in_Debugger.0

I'm just getting started with this whole debugging thing so I can provide
any information that you think would be helpful.  If I 'continue' from the
db I get:

Uptime: 1s
panic: Assertion mtx_unowned(m) failed at /usr/src/sys/kern/kern_mutex.c:963

if that helps.

Thanks,
(please include my e-mail in replies as I am not subscribed)

Ryan Carmichael
bremen at immortalsky.com