Use linux_base-debian instead of linux_base?

Jonathan jonathan at sirtis.org.uk
Mon Jul 14 10:01:54 PDT 2003

Kirk Strauser wrote:
> I have linux_base-debian installed and working well.  However, some ports
> (namely linux-ibm-jdk14 via the USE_LINUX Makefile entry) want to install
> linux_base alongside it.  Can I configure my system to use linux_base-debian
> for ports that want to install linux_base?

Take a look at portupgrade (/usr/ports/sysutils/portupgrade) which has
portinstall, which you can use instead of cd /usr/ports/blah/blah && make

Then you can configure in /usr/local/etc/pkgtools.conf using ALT_PKGDEP.
The sample in the config says:

   #   ALT_PKGDEP = {
   #     # If you use apache13-modssl instead of apache13
   #     'apache-1.3.*' => 'apache+mod_ssl-1.3.*',

HTH,

Jonathan