offtopic: NCD Exploras and FreeBSD

J. Seth Henry jshamlet at comcast.net
Mon Jul 14 09:29:24 PDT 2003

I know this is a bit offtopic, but I'm hoping someone can help out.

I have a couple of NCD Explora 451 X terminals I picked up on the cheap.
They came with NCDware 5.1.140. Presently, I'm connecting to a FreeBSD
server running 4.8-REL with KDE 3.1.

The problem is that I've been getting random kernel panics on the
terminals. I don't have the exact message, but it goes something like
this:

assertion failure "rRingPtr -> ..." in file lance_ordered_input.c line
99

I'm probably toast, but I thought I'd give it a shot and see if anyone
else has run into this.

Thanks,
Seth Henry