Problem with lookupd

Andrew J Thomas ajtpolo at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 13 11:24:44 PDT 2003

I have been experiencing a problem with the lookup daemon (or at least
that's as far as I have been able to track it) where after 2-50 minutes of
successful operation it will return a generic 'not found' error for network
addresses. It seems that the cache is becoming corrupt or something. Sending
a SIGHUP to lookupd resolves the problem briefly but it comes back again
within 10 minutes usually. Any suggestions how this is happening or how to
fix this permanently other than re-installing?

Thanks in advance.