How to question: create mp3 from music video mpeg file?

lewiz purple at lewiz.info
Sun Jul 13 08:19:42 PDT 2003

On Sun, Jul 13, 2003 at 10:44:41AM -0400, Michael E. Mercer wrote:
> I want to extract the audio from a few music videos (mpg,avi) I have and
> create mp3's from them. However I just can seem to find out how to do

Well, a quick look at the mplayer man page found:

-oac <codec name>
 Encode  with the given audio codec.  Use -ovc help to get a list of
available
 codecs.  (no default set)

 EXAMPLE:
          -oac copy           no encoding, just streamcopy
          -oac pcm            encode to uncompressed PCM
          -oac mp3lame        encode to MP3 (using Lame)

  That sounds like what you want.  You can find mplayer in
multimedia/mplayer in the ports.

  Best wishes,

-lewiz.

--
We can defeat gravity.  The problem is the paperwork involved.
-| msn:purple at lewiz.net | jab:lewiz at jabber.org | url:http://lewiz.net |-