WhatchDog Error on a Lan Card.

Jorge Biquez jbiquez at icsmx.com
Fri Jul 11 18:27:18 PDT 2003

Hello all.

Today I started receiving this error on the lan card.

	r10: WATCHDOG TIMEOUT

And seems like the TCP/IP services stop passing thought the card. The
machine continues running without seeing the world but no other errors
beside the above on the console. One thing I notices is that if I try to
ping any machine I receive and "overflow error". If I restart the machine
everything works normally again.

The machine is running 4.8 Stable, running on a PIII - 1.0 Ghz with 512 RAM
and more than enough free space. The machine is running only Apache with
some load.

I changed the card with another of the same brand and type, its backup
since I always buy 2 same cards for each equipment, just in case. After a
few hours and under some load the machine send the same error.

Any ideas on what could be causing the problem?

Thanks in advance.

JB