make continent

Jonathan jonathan at sirtis.org.uk
Fri Jul 11 09:30:33 PDT 2003

Hi all,

Yes, a rather strange subject I grant you, but...

Having been using FreeBSD for a fair few years now, I quite happily do a
buildworld every now and then but one of the mysteries for me is how to
rebuild parts of the OS in isolation.

My only interest in this is when a security update comes out and it
might only affect a certain part of the source tree.

I appreciate that in the BSD model, the idea is that a widget can get
changed and making world will allow the new features of that widget to
permeate to all code, but is there any information on how to go into the
various "continents" and build those on their own?

- J