File-system is read only b/c of "Syntax error: Unterminated quoted string" in rc.conf

ph.schulz at gmx.de ph.schulz at gmx.de
Fri Jul 11 04:31:40 PDT 2003

Hello everyone!
 I've got a quick question:

 I've changed my /etc/rc.conf, but unfortunately I made a typo. Now, my
system doesn't boot anymore. I wanted to correct the rc.conf, but the root file
system is read only. Is there any way that I can either edit, rename or even
delete the /etc/rc.conf?
 Btw, I can mount all the other file systems and I have full access to them.

  Thank you for your time,
    Phil