Post about BSD's alleged demise on /.

Paul Beard paulbeard at mac.com
Thu Jul 10 16:10:28 PDT 2003

On Thursday, July 10, 2003, at 04:06PM, John Mills <johnmills at speakeasy.net> wrote:

>Freebies -
>
>In fact there was an editorial suggestion in a recent _eWeek_
>(should be [http://www.eweek.com], but I can't confirm that just now.)
>to the point that managers concerned about SCO's litigation should
>actively test and evaluate the *BSD family, specifically mentioning
>FreeBSD's excellent reputation for server quality.

Chad Dickerson, the CTO of InfoWorld, made that suggestion in his weblog a couple of weeks back (possibly that's where you saw it?): I've been at him for awhile to upgrade to FreeBSD.

--
Paul Beard / 8040 27th Ave NE / Seattle WA 98115 /
paulbeard [at] mac [ dot] com / 206 529 8400

weblog @ <http://paulbeard.no-ip.org/movabletype/>