mpd - question

Luke Cowell lukec at gateway.e-and-s.com
Thu Jul 10 08:18:12 PDT 2003

No, it's not dialup only.... You're on the right track using mpd, but again
that really depends on what you're trying to accomplish with your VPN. As
you've probably noticed there are several different types of VPN setup. I
use mpd for users on the road or working from home to securely access
services inside our private network.

I thought I'd include this config because I didn't think it was easy to
figure out how to enable simultaneous connections. This is set up for 2
simultaneous connections, but could easily be expanded.

s3rv3r# cat mpd/mpd.conf
default:
        load pptp0
        load pptp1

pptp0:
        new -i ng0 pptp0 pptp0
        set iface disable on-demand
        set iface enable proxy-arp
        set iface idle 1800
        set bundle disable multilink
        set link yes acfcomp protocomp
        set link no pap chap
        set link enable chap
        set link keep-alive 10 60
        set ipcp yes vjcomp
        set ipcp ranges 10.1.1.02/32 10.1.1.03/32
        set ipcp dns 192.168.10.128
        #
        # The five lines below enable Microsoft Point-to-Point encryption
        # (MPPE) using the ng_mppc(8) netgraph node type.
        #
        #set bundle enable compression
        #set ccp yes mppc
        #set ccp yes mpp-e40
        #set ccp yes mpp-e128
        #set ccp yes mpp-stateless
pptp1:
        new -i ng1 pptp1 pptp1
        set iface disable on-demand
        set iface enable proxy-arp
        set iface idle 1800
        set bundle disable multilink
        set link yes acfcomp protocomp
        set link no pap chap
        set link enable chap
        set link keep-alive 10 60
        set ipcp yes vjcomp
        set ipcp ranges 10.1.1.12/32 10.1.1.13/32
        set ipcp dns 192.168.10.128
        #
        # The five lines below enable Microsoft Point-to-Point encryption
        # (MPPE) using the ng_mppc(8) netgraph node type.
        #
        #set bundle enable compression
        #set ccp yes mppc
        #set ccp yes mpp-e40