PCI bus problem

Jacob Vennervald Madsen jvennervald at proventum.net
Thu Jul 10 06:31:04 PDT 2003

Hi BSD people

I've just installed a FreeBSD 4.8 on an HP Netserver E50 machine with a
PCI Promise Fasttrack 100 IDE RAID controller in it.
My problem is that when I issue the reboot command the machine reboots
but for some reason the the RAID conroller doesn't find any disks.
Only if I shutdown comletely and then restart the machine manually can I
make it work. It seems that the PCI bus is not rescanned on reboot.
One of my friends told me that it could be a Plug&Play setting in the
BIOS that should be changed, but I don't see any settings relating to
this.
Is it possible to force a PCI rescan or something just before rebooting
the machine?
Does anybody have any ideas?

--
Venlig hilsen / Best regards,