ssh keepalives

Philip J. Koenig pjklist at ekahuna.com
Wed Jul 9 13:40:45 PDT 2003

On 9 Jul 2003 at 23:03, Paulius Bulotas boldly uttered:

> On 03 07 09, Philip J. Koenig wrote:
> > > Apply this patch to OpenSSH, if you are running FreeBSD:
> > > http://www.sc.isc.tohoku.ac.jp/~hgot/sources/openssh-watchdog.html
> >
> > Considering that the author of the patch greatly discourages usage of
> > the older OpenSSH code, and considering that my recently updated 4.8-
> > STABLE box is still using OpenSSH 3.5p1 rather than the latest 3.6p1
> > mentioned in the patch, I'm a little disinclined to do this patch
> > because I'll have to re-patch it every time I build/install world.
> >
> > If there's any possibility this patch will make it into the
> > mainstream distribution I'll just wait for that.  Will wait and see,
> > but thanks very much for the tip!
>
> I really don't know that ;) But it worked without a problem with 3.4 and
> 3.5 versions for me, the only thing could be - you will have to apply
> some peaces of code manually, because of any differences of OpenSSH in
> base FreeBSD vs stock OpenSSH portable. But still, IMO that's the only
> option with dynamic ipfw rules ;)

Not sure what you're saying there - if I have a vanilla install of
OpenSSH as provided in the base 4.8-STABLE system, am _not_ using
ipfw, will I have to do additional work in addition to running the
patch against the existing files?

--
Philip J. Koenig
pjklist at ekahuna.com
Electric Kahuna Systems -- Computers & Communications for
the New Millenium