ssh keepalives

Philip J. Koenig pjklist at ekahuna.com
Wed Jul 9 12:26:59 PDT 2003

On 9 Jul 2003 at 20:24, Paulius Bulotas boldly uttered:

> Hi,
>
> a bit late answer, but I'm not able to keep up with my email traffic ;)
>
> Apply this patch to OpenSSH, if you are running FreeBSD:
> http://www.sc.isc.tohoku.ac.jp/~hgot/sources/openssh-watchdog.html
>
> and use Heartbeat option with something less then dynamic rules life ;)
>
> Regards,
> Paulius

Aha, now this is a very interesting response!

Considering that the author of the patch greatly discourages usage of
the older OpenSSH code, and considering that my recently updated 4.8-
STABLE box is still using OpenSSH 3.5p1 rather than the latest 3.6p1
mentioned in the patch, I'm a little disinclined to do this patch
because I'll have to re-patch it every time I build/install world.

If there's any possibility this patch will make it into the
mainstream distribution I'll just wait for that.  Will wait and see,
but thanks very much for the tip!

--
Philip J. Koenig
pjklist at ekahuna.com
Electric Kahuna Systems -- Computers & Communications for
the New Millenium