How do I max a 6Mbps link

Simon simon at optinet.com
Wed Jul 9 10:20:07 PDT 2003

Sounds like you have a problem with your server/network hardware or
firewall/proftpd settings. FreeBSD out of the box on low-end Intel hardware
can  easily sustain 6mbps link, which is roughly 3megs/sec. Make sure
your harddrive on receiving end can write at least this fast and your network
is capable of such transfers. Sometimes faulty switches/cable wires can
cause packet loss/delays, causing a bottleneck. It could be a number of
things, but I would start with testing your network.

-Simon