Restricting logins by terminal

Charley bsd at agileemmy.com
Wed Jul 9 10:14:09 PDT 2003

I would like to restrict user login based on the terminal where the login
request originates.  Ideally, I want Root, and ONLY Root, to be able to log
in at the console.  The system is already running SSHD, so I want to be able
to check logins via SSH.  Root should not be allowed to log in from a remote
terminal and SU should be disabled for any remote terminal.  Is there
something in the ports collection that I've missed that will do this?  Maybe
I'm just blind and haven't yet seen something like this in the manual.

THanks