nutball video question

Alexey Koptsevich kopts at astro.psu.edu
Wed Jul 9 00:57:50 PDT 2003

Hello,

I have got to the same idea today and -- what a luck -- this topic is
already dscussed on FreeBSD list! How fast should be the server to be able
to perform this task? For instance, would PII/400MHz/128Mb be enough? Do
different cards (meteor/bktr) consume CPU power differenly, or about the
same? What is the video resolution which consumes almost 100Mbps?

Is it possible to record video under FreeBSD? Which card should I buy for
that? Is multicasting can be done using combination of available software,
or some programming required?

Thanks,
Alex