Question regarding new Nvidia FreeBSD drivers

Nakal nakal at web.de
Tue Jul 8 09:58:35 PDT 2003

On Tuesday 08 July 2003 10:51, Nelis Lamprecht wrote:

> Yesterday I tried loading the
> latest non-beta release 1.0-4365 and all it does is freeze my PC and
> then after a few seconds reboots without so much as a single error in
> XFree86.log or messages.

I have had exactly the same behavior here. But only with FreeBSD
current. On FreeBSD stable it is running well as long as I don't use
Unreal Tournament. UT is a lot slower than with the beta drivers and it
also crashes after few minutes.

On current I recompiled world and the kernel. Then the problem has been
reduced to a black screen after starting XFree. And I can now at least
press <Ctrl>+<Alt>+<Del> to reboot.

> I am using the following card, taken from dmesg: nvidia0: <RIVA TNT2
> Model 64>

I have a 4200 Ti.

Martin