help - it hangs hard

Ron Riese logicon at zipcon.com
Mon Jul 7 21:06:27 PDT 2003

Lowell,
Per my earlier episle.  When the FD is removed from activation the result is the
same.
FWIW there are only 2 invaguaries.  These relate to the VIATech (1106) power
Management Controller (3040) and the Createive Technology (1274) Ensoniq ESB71
(1371).  After the:
output during boot, I get:
pci0: <unknown card> (vendor=0x1106, dev=0x3040) at 7.3
pci0: <unknown card> (vendor=0x1274, dev=0x1371) at 10.0 irq 9
this is followed by the recognition of the ethernet cards and the last 2
statements are:
pcib1: <Host to PCI bridge> on motherboard
pci2: <PCI bus> on pcib1
followed, as I said, by a hung system.
I included the above only because I am not 100% certain that it has no relavence
to the hung system.  I have not installed FreeBSD before but have used Slackware
Linux for 10+ years.