Can't install/upgrade/remove ports

Dragoncrest dragoncrest at voyager.net
Mon Jul 7 15:16:32 PDT 2003

Just recently ran into an issue upgrading, removing, or installing
ports.  For some strange reason when I compile the port, it's fine, but
as soon as the "make install" or any installing command runs it
immediately dumps out with an error similar to this:

===> Generating temporary packing list
===> Checking if www/lynx-current already installed
*** Error code 1

It then dumps out and it won't go any farther.  It even refuses to
remove the port even though it removes the pkg_info entry.  Anyone know
what is causing this?  I'd really apreciate any help on this.  Thanks.