Mounting extended dos partition

Brian Astill bastill at adam.com.au
Sun Jul 6 22:42:33 PDT 2003

On Mon, 7 Jul 2003 05:21 am, Kent Stewart wrote:

> > Any ideas on how I mount this logical drive in this extended
> > partition ?
>
> The extended partitions all start at 5 because you can have 4 primary
> partitions.

Typo!  should read "can't" , or "cannot have more than three primary
partitions"

Note that there is often some weirdness mounting windos partitions from
un*x.  My FBSD4.8 can't access a windos logical/extended partition,
though in that condition windos is happy, but can access that same
partition as primary, though windos then hides the partition(and I have
to manually un-hide it).
On another system, an extended partition is inaccessible as dos, but is
seen fine by both winNT and Un*x as NTFS.
Weird.

--
Regards,
Brian