PHP not interpreted.

Bill Moran wmoran at potentialtech.com
Sun Jul 6 10:21:43 PDT 2003

redmyrlin wrote:
> I originally had Apache 1.3.27 running OK with mod_php4.  I decided to
> add SSL capability so uninstalled apache using "pkg_delete -f ".  I then
> used "make install" in the ports tree to install
> apache+mod_ssl-1.3.27+2.8.14.
>
> Everything seemed to go OK and my plain html files display correctly,
> both on "http" and "https".  However when I point my browser at a  .php
> page I get a text listing of the code and not the interpreted html
> page.  I'm sure I've broken or misconfigured something and just need
> someone to point out my stupidity.
>
> Please, what have I done wrong and how can I correct it?

The apache config file (in /usr/local/etc/apache/httpd.conf) no longer
has the config information for php.
I prefer to hack the Makefile in the ports to refer to apache+modssl
instead of just apache, and then install php from ports (which modifies
the conf file for you), but you can also manually add the required
configuration information.  See the php docs if you want to do it that
way.

--
Bill Moran
Potential Technologies